Here at PhunkyFoods, we love books! Books can educate, entertain, inspire and allow us to experience new places and situations. There are so many other books relating to food topics from recipe books to traditional tales to children’s story books.
We have our very own range of stories, each with a different food-related focus, that you can enjoy sharing with your Early Years or KS1 class. You could learn about why breakfast is so important with ‘Boris The Belly Beast’ Food, or discover where different foods come from with ‘Alfie’s Around The World Adventure’.
Stories can be a great way to introduce children to new foods or the concept of cooking. Here are just a few ideas:
- Handa’s Surprise by Eileen Browne
- The Gingerbread Man, a traditional tale
- The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Chapati Moon by Pippa Goodhart
- Spot Bakes A Cake by Eric Hill
- Oliver’s Vegetables, Oliver’s Fruit Salad, and Oliver’s Milkshake all by Vivian French
- I Will Never Not Ever Eat A Tomato by Lauren Child
These stories could be followed up with practical food preparation sessions and tasting sessions to consolidate the pupils’ learning.