The 10th of November celebrates World Science Day for Peace and Development and the theme for 2022 is Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development.
The aim of this day is to promote sciences, which in turn will help the United Nations meet the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Follow the link below to discover what the 17 goals are: https://sdgs.un.org/goals.
Several of these goals are strongly linked to areas of learning that we focus on at PhunkyFoods, including:
• Goal 2: Zero Hunger
• Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
• Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
With your class:
• Discover what goals 2, 3 and 6 mean to the pupils at your school. What does zero hunger, good health and well-being and clean water and sanitation look like? Why is food, water and health care so important?
• Find out where the pupils think these issues occur. Study the distribution of food and water around the world and the availability of health care.
• Consider which scientific inventions and processes can help us work towards meeting the goals e.g. farming methods that help to produce more food, creating wells to provide fresh water and education about keeping well and healthy.